When it comes to securing financing for college, a wedding, home projects, and more, look no further than your home. At HVCBank, a Division of Northfield Bank, we can help you transition the equity you've built in your home into financing for a wide range of short-term or long-term needs.
Our home equity loans provide competitive rates and there are no points, no application fee, and no prepayment penalties to worry about. Plus, added bonus: the interest you pay might even be tax deductible*!
Home Equity Loan Details
- Competitive rates for several ongoing or seasonal needs:
- Education expenses
- Major life events
- Major home improvements
- Medical expenses
- Emergency reserve
- And much more!
- The existing equity in your home is used as collateral backing
- Fixed Rate Home Equity Loan offers predictable monthly payments with a fixed rate for the life of the loan. Available in 5, 10, 15, or 20-year loans.
- A Home Equity Line of Credit establishes a credit line based on your home's value. Monthly payments and interest are only on the portion you use. Just write a check to access the money when you need it.
- No points, no applications fee, and no prepayment penalties
- The interest paid might be tax deductible*
- Local decision-making and processing
- Personalized, attentive service throughout the entire process
*Consult a tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest.
Note: Prospective borrowers much be of legal age to apply for a loan.
- Application Checklist
As you are completing the Consumer Loan Application, please gather the following documents, which will speed along the processing of your request:
- Copies of all the paystubs you have received in the last 30 days
- Copies of all W2 forms for the last year
- If you are self-employed, copies of your last signed federal tax returns (1040s with all schedules)
- If you are retired, copies of 1099s for all social security and/or pension or retirement income for the last two years.
- If you plan to use your line or loan for debt-consolidation, please bring your monthly billing statements, coupon books, etc..
If your application is approved, you will need to provide HVCBank with proof of hazard insurance. The amount of insurance required is determined by adding your current mortgage balance to the amount of home equity financing for which you have been approved.
If it is determined that your property is in a flood zone, you will be required to carry flood insurance in the same amount of coverage as required for hazard insurance ($250,000 maximum).