Switch to HVC Bank
We can help you move your checking account to HVCBank with minimum effort. Click on the following for printable applications:
- When you open your new account, you will receive a starter kit containing a small amount of temporary checks. Write down the routing number and account number that are located on the bottom of your new HVCBank checks. The routing number for HVCBank is 031207827, and your account number is immediately to the right.
- Sign up for HVCB Online to access your entire suite of HVCBank deposits and loans over the internet.
- Sign up for HVCB Bill Payment.
- Stop using your old checking account, but keep it open until all of your checks have cleared and your direct deposits and automatic payments have been changed.
- Destroy your old, unused deposit slips, checks, and ATM cards. Then balance your old account. Complete the Reconciliation Form and be sure to keep it for your records.
- Authorize HVCBank as your new bank for Direct Deposits. Complete the Direct Deposit/Automatic Payment Switch Form, using the account number and routing number you wrote down in Step 1, then mail it to the company or organization that issues the direct deposit. You can also use this form anytime you want to set up a new direct deposit to your accounts at HVCBank.
- Authorize HVCBank as your new bank for automatic payments. Use this form to change any loan payments, membership dues, automatic investments, insurance payments, or any other payments that you currently pay through automatic payment from your checking account. Complete the Direct Deposit/Automatic Payment Switch Form, using the account number and routing number you wrote down in Step 1, then mail it to the company that charges your account. Depending on when you send in the form, it may take two billing cycles for the change to be processed.
- Close your old checking account. Once all in-process deposits or withdrawals and automatic payments/deposits have cleared your old checking account, complete the Account Closing Form letter and mail it to your previous financial institution. Your former bank will send you a check for any remaining balance.
All of the applications are in Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) format and require Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe installed, please click here for a free download.
If you have any questions, just stop by one of our branch locations, email us, or call (609) 466-2900. We want to do everything we can to make your switch to Hopewell Valley Community Bank as simple and easy as possible.